The professional blog of Anna Lencioni

Currently under construction!

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Pony Pals!

At SCAD's Editor's Day this year, I had the opportunity to speak with Mr. David Saylor, editor for Scholastic's Graphix imprint. It was a very pleasant experience, I'm glad to say! Anyway, Mr. Saylor expressed interest in doing a horse and/or pony related graphic novel series. I suggested Pony Pals (blast from the past!!) but it turns out, it's no longer a best selling series. How sad! Anyway, I did some character designs of the Pony Pals crew to show him, and I think they turned out rather cute! Top to bottom is Lulu and her pony Snow White, Pam and her pony Lightning, and Anna and her pony Acorn.

I LOVED these books when I was a kid, and hopefully horse crazy little girls like myself will have something as awesome as the Pony Pals sometime soon!

P.S. I am still figureing out Blogspot, so sorry for the grainy thumbnails!



No comments:

Post a Comment